VEML33291 Sensor senses ambient light by incorporating photodiodes, amplifiers and circuits into a single CMOS chip. With this sensor, the brightness and color temperature of a display backlight can be adjusted based on the ambient light source, and it can differentiate indoor from outdoor lighting environments.
VEML33291 provides excellent temperature compensation capability for keeping the output stable under changing temperature. The sensor’s functions are easily operated via the simple command format of I2C (SMBus compatible) interface protocol. VEML33291 has a low operating voltage range of 2.6 V to 3.6 V and is packaged in a lead-free OPLGA package which offers the best market-proven reliability.
* External synchronization support
* Provides 16-bit resolution for each channel (R,G,and B)
* Low power consumption I2C (SMBus Compatible) Interface
* Operation voltage range of 2.6 V to 3.6 V
* Package: OPLGA (2.35 x 1.8 x 1.0 mm)
* Lead-free package (RoHS compliant)